The first step in creating a module for WHMCS is determining which type of module you wish to create:
Payment Gateway Modules - Gateway Module allow you to connect WHMCS with additional payment and credit card processors for processing and capturing payments. Payment gateway modules include:
- Third Party Gateways - Where a customer leaves the site to pay and returns when the payment process completes.
- Merchant Gateways - Where a customer enters credit card details without leaving WHMCS and payment is processed via an API.
- Tokenised Gateways - Where credit card details are entered either within or outside of WHMCS and a token is generated and stored for future billing needs.
Sample modules demonstrating usage and functionality are made available for all types of modules via the WHMCS Github page.
- Code Samples - We make available sample code for each of our module types via Github.
- Style Guide - Recommended programming style and best practices for developing with WHMCS.
- Hooks Guide - Hooks allow you to execute your own code when events occur inside WHMCS.
- API Guide - The API allows you to perform operations and actions within WHMCS.